Specialized (Community-Based) Victim Support Services
Hollyburn’s Victim Support Program is an inclusive service that offers support services to all people who have been victims of:
- Relationship violence
- Family violence
- Sexualized assault (recent or historic)
- Criminal harassment.
Our Specialized Services provides a range of support services to families, children, and individuals who have been physically or sexually assaulted, and/or experienced other forms of violence from a family member or partner. Our Victim Support Workers work closely to assist in the recovery from the effects of crime and trauma. We provide community-based support to all residents of the North Shore including North and West Vancouver, and Bowen Island.
Specific services include:
- Emotional Support.
- Referrals to programs such as Stopping the Violence counselling, Children who Witness Abuse counselling, Child and Adolescent Sexual Assault counselling, etc.
- Information about your rights under the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA).
- Reporting options and assisting you to develop a comprehensive safety plan.
- Accessing case specific information which you may request under section 6 and 7 of the VOCA.
- Information and access to the Criminal Justice system, including helping to prepare you for the criminal court process.
- Provide information regarding your options for travel expenses to court and assist with facilitating travel arrangements.
- Assisting with completion of forms such as; Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP), Victim Impact Statement, BC Housing, Income Assistance, and registration with the Victim Safety Unit.
If necessary, services can be provided during non-business hours and/or in a community setting in order to meet your unique circumstances and needs. Coordinated links with multi-language and culturally appropriate services will be available when required.
Hollyburn Specialized Victim Support direct referral line: 778-855-4566
Individuals may refer themselves or access this services through a referral from a family member, community professional, police officer, or police-based victim service.